We are looking for an Assistant Service Manager to help oversee and organise the daily activities of our team of engineers.
Assistant Service Manager
Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3NX
Full Time, Permanent
Competitive salary + Benefits
G&J Peck is a successful, multi-site agricultural machinery business. Established in 1846 and now employing over 130 people, we are market leaders in agricultural products and service, holding multiple franchises including JCB, Case IH, New Holland along with many other brands.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing and organising the daily activities of a team of engineers. You will be organising and planning the daily activity of the engineers to meet customer requirement for attending on site and in depot activities. You will be required to keep the customer informed of updates on work being carried out and supporting the engineer in resolution of work. You will be required to operate to maximise efficiency and utilisation to operate a profitable department. You will work with other internal departments in order to ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are upheld.
You will be responsible for managing and organising out of hours callouts when required and covering for the Service Manager in their absence. The role is subject to seasonal demands.
Other duties will include:
* Resolving issues that arise regarding customer orders, engineer visits etc, avoiding escalation where possible.
* Processing engineers' job cards to create and invoice to the end user using IT based systems and technology.
* Using dealer management systems and Excel to operate daily activities.
* Being flexible with daily activities and working as a team.
* Managing customers' expectations whilst delivering excellent customer service.
* Self-motivated to priorities activities.
* Dealing with customer queries and issues.
* Handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and in line with company procedures.
* Operate within the remits of company policies and procedures.
You will have previous experience either in agricultural engineering, plant engineering, supervising, commercial trucks, automotive industry or service controller roles within mechanical engineering. Knowledge of the agricultural industry would be an advantage. If you are looking to progress and develop a role from a service engineer.
* Knowledge and understanding of IT, confidence using Microsoft office programmes to include, Word and Excel.
* Ability to learn and to use customer management systems (IBCOS Gold knowledge would be an advantage).
* Multitask and work in a busy environment.
* Adapt to changing workload and be flexible to suit department needs.
* Self-motivation to work within a team.
* Confidence to communicate and deal with customers, manufacturers and staff in a professional manner face to face, on the telephone, via emails or letters.
* 8 am to 5.30 pm Monday - Friday (with additional hours to suit the running of the department including Saturdays and seasonal demands) Salary based.
* 22 days pro-rata annual leave
* Company mobile phone
* Workplace pension
* Staff discount
How to apply for the Assistant Service Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Engineering, Engineer, Service Engineer, Customer Service, Agriculture, Automotive