Responsible for protecting Point32Health's legal interest and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Under the close supervision and guidance of more senior department attorneys, provides advice and support to the management and staff of Point32Health and its affiliates within assigned business areas, particularly related to population health research and vendor contracting. Responsible for identifying and analyzing legal issues, providing regulatory analysis, presenting clear recommendations, and negotiating contracts.
- Performs legal research and provides legal advice to senior lawyers or directly to management and staff in various departments across Point32Health, with a particular focus on population health research and vendor contracting.
- Provide legal services in connection with population health research related to data exchanges, research compliance, conflicts of interest, and intellectual property matters.
- Negotiates and drafts contracts, including vendor agreements, confidentiality and business associate agreements, consulting agreements, data use agreements, software licenses, and other agreements relating to operations. Advise research subsidiary on matters related to grant agreements. Maintain a positive working relationship with key business partners and other stakeholders.
- Provides education to staff on legal issues, including risk management, compliance, privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Education/Licensure: Requires a J.D. and license to practice law in Massachusetts.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or in-house environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong document drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent research skills with strong analytic ability to interpret contracts, legislation, laws and regulations, identify issues and develop innovative solutions and strategies to reach satisfactory resolution.
- Mature judgment on relevant matters of business and law.
- Proactive - actively identify legal issues and time manage the legal aspects of projects.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as pay close attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- May be required to attend meetings at other company locations or other external meetings.
- Work may require the simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sit for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R4225