Biology Teacher - Secondary School
I am working with a a brilliant secondary school who are looking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic full-time Teacher of Biology on a 12 months fixed term contract from September 2022.
The successful candidate will be capable of teaching Biology up to A level and have the ability to expertly and confidently prepare students for all aspects of the GCSE and A level examinations. A willingness to contribute to the broader life of the College is expected. Applications from newly qualified teachers will be considered.
There is a strong tradition of Science teaching at the school. Science teaching takes place within a dedicated Science block, containing 22 Science laboratories and 4 classrooms. All laboratories and classrooms are equipped with data projectors and interactive whiteboards. There is a classroom Intranet and Internet access, and good audio-visual resources. A team of six experienced laboratory technicians service the needs of the whole science department. A wide range of data-logging equipment is also available.
What skills do you need?
• the ability to teach Biology expertly and confidently to all age groups (13-19), including GCSE and A level;
• being up to date in their subject;
• a willingness to accommodate the needs of students from a variety of linguistic backgrounds is essential;
• confidence in IT and good IT skills in programmes such as Word, Excel, Teams & being able to pick up new procedures and routines quickly
The reasons you should choose Protocol.
• An extremely competitive pay rate
• Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
• A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you
• Around the clock support and assistance from Protocol Education
• The chance to help students better their future
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see (url removed)/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.