One of my best clients within M&E consultancy in Manchester is now looking for a Graduate Building Services Engineer to join their M&E team. The company is a quality brand where engineers and architects work together to apply new solutions to engineering challenges, creating some of the most captivating, sustainable, and award-winning buildings in the UK, Ireland and internationally.
My client is seeking building physicists to join our dynamic team - people who revel in the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects in our stimulating, inter-disciplinary design studios. You will have a unique opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging projects in sectors including workplace, healthcare, education, historic, leisure and residential.
* Technical project leadership
* Building performance simulation and energy related modelling work
* Writing comprehensive Energy Strategies, Sustainability Statements, CIBSE TM54, TM52, TM59 reports.
* Project delivery for our key work streams: Building physics, Building performance and operational energy optimisation, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability and Certification and Compliance
Skills and requirements
* degree qualified, preferably to masters level
* has a passion for building physics, passive design, occupant comfort and innovation
* experienced in low carbon and net zero carbon design principles, assessment and validation
* has knowledge of building services design as this is essential to this role
* expertise in the IES virtual environment, with experience working across a range of building types
* Low Carbon Energy Assessor, or commitment to become accredited
* familiar with the latest relevant regulations, standards and assessment tools (BREEAM, LEED)
* has a head for numbers, specifically statistics, and advanced Excel skills
* experience in Autodesk BIM/CAD software, programming languages (Python, VBA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) would be advantageous