My client contracts the manufacture of their components worldwide and performs quality control, warehousing, assembly, and dispatch on site in Oxfordshire. The company is set to grow 4x over the next 4 years on the back of detailed research and is fully funded to achieve these growth objectives.
Main purpose of the job:
Support and help guide the Procurement team. This role reports to the Supply Chain Manager
Main tasks of the job:
* Support the Procurement department by pursuing closer integration and improved communication with Engineering
* Negotiate contracts, improved pricing and terms of business with suppliers. Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and considering organisational targets and requirements
* Manage internal customer expectations regarding timely execution of RFQ release and processing of internal documents.
* Expedite timely responses for quotation acknowledgments and responsiveness to RFQ commercial and technical clarifications.
* Monitor stocked product parameters via MRP system and initiate orders within established guidelines.
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
* Support Engineering Change Requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
* Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
* Maintain vendor/supplier quality documents to support ISO standards and ensure up-to-date vendor files for analysis.
* Manage the implementation of essential capital machinery procurement initiatives to increase quality of technology while minimizing cost and timing.
* Manage invoice reconciliations, RFQ management, system database review and regular inventory reporting.
* Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures in line with the QMS.
* Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of required products and materials and advise others of any impact
* Support and coach colleagues within the department to enhance their knowledge base and contribute to their professional development
* Always ensure good and clear communication with stakeholders
* Follow all health and safety instructions, given both verbally and set out within the company health and safety policy. Always seek instruction on using unfamiliar machines and use all appropriate PPE.
* Accept responsibility for your own safety and the health and safety of others around you. If you need extra training, you must make your line manager aware and never conduct work in an unsafe manner.
Skills and Experience
* Extensive experience as a buyer/senior buyer/project buyer
* Experience working on projects and liaising with engineering teams
* CIPS qualified or studying CIPS desirable
** A drivers licence required due to remote location
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job