- Job Reference: 579523057-2
- Date Posted: 1 May 2022
- Recruiter: Spring Branch ISD
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Salary: USD10.00 Per Hour
- Job Type: Permanent
*Job Title: * *Crossing Guard (2 hours per day)*
*Reports To: Building Principal*
*Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor)*
*Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt*
*Days: 178 (2 hours per day)*
*Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 301*
*(Note: This position is normally one (1) hour in the morning and one (1) hour in the afternoon at the discretion of the building Principal.)*
*Date Revised: 10/23/2019*
*Primary Purpose: Responsible for the student safety, at assigned street crossings, during specific periods of the day.*
*Special Knowledge/Skills: *
* Ability to assist children from PK through high school.
* Ability to use good judgment.
* Ability to cope with severe weather and temperature extremes.
* Ability to stand and or walk for a period of two hours minimum.
* Must have reliable transportation at all times.
* Note: This position is normally one (1) hour in the morning and one (1) hour in the afternoon at the discretion of the building Principal.
*Major Duties and Responsibilities: *
*Student Management and Safety: *
* Assist students in crossing streets at assigned locations.
* Enforce all safety rules for crossing students.
* Supervise Student Safety Patrol.
* Dress in uniform provided by the district.
* Ability to handle traffic on two lane streets as well as multiple lane thoroughfares.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
*Supervisory Responsibilities: *
Supervise Student Safety Patrol.
*Equipment Used: *
Stop sign, whistle, cones.
*Working Conditions: *
*Mental Demands: *
* Maintain emotional control under stress.
* Work with frequent interruptions.
* This position requires regular interacting with the public.
*Physical Demands: *
* Continual standing and walking.
* Frequent bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying.
*Environmental Factors: *
* Work outside.
* Exposure to temperature extremes (hot or cold).
* Exposure to humidity extremes.
*Application Procedure: *
Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at _
*Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability.*
*The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* Monday to Friday