Events Networking Manager
£25,000 - £30,000 + Excellent Bonus
Global market leader in producing business conferences, exhibitions and award ceremonies, creating world class solutions for their clients & business partners.
We are recruiting a Networking Manager to co-ordinate and manage meetings for sponsors of key events.
The key objective of the role is to provide sponsors with a truly great experience during the conference and to provide a service element to the networking process.
This involved dealing with all networking app queries and technical issues while the conference is underway.
• Communicate with event team on which sponsors to focus on 6 weeks before event start date.
• Arrange a project meeting with the entire team to confirm strategy, number of meetings for each sponsor, networking areas / infrastructure available on site etc. Introduction to sponsor to devise if interested in using networking manager.
• Attend weekly catch-up meetings with the project team.
• Define whether the event will be virtual or live and plan accordingly.
• Review and send out exhibitor manual. Initial point of contact for exhibitor queries.
• Send weekly lists to sponsors and liaise between them & attendees to confirm meetings in diaries.
• Prior to conferences set up the email schedule and test the networking app.
• Onsite meet with sponsors with all confirmed meetings and discuss if they would like to use networking area or take the meeting over to their stand.
• Check on sponsors with a delegate list to set up any extra onsite meetings that NM were unable to confirm before conference start date
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Customer service focused
• Commercially minded, business acumen
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal, relationship management and networking skills
• Initiative - proactive and able to work independently
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move