Our client based in Kent is seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their team.
The company are a leading regional air compressor service provider and distributor to the automotive and industrial markets. They maintain and install German-made, high quality compressed air equipment throughout a diverse range of industries.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 basic (dependent on experience)
OTE: + £46,500 p.a with overtime and door-to-door travel time, un-capped.
Office location: Near Maidstone, Kent
Benefits: Company mobile phone and company vehicle
Comprehensive on-going training and support
21 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
Hours: core hours 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
there is usually always travelling outside of this each day.
To fulfil the Field Service Engineer role candidate will require a clean UK driving license.
Engineers visit the head office frequently and cover 400 to 600 miles per week serving customers in Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and Greater London. The nature of the work is mainly planned preventative maintenance, but includes callouts, repairs and installation work. The Field Service Engineer typically travels between multiple sites each day, often 4-5 jobs a day.
Field Service Engineer role:
• To carry out routine maintenance on all makes and types of compressed air equipment including rotary screw, vane and reciprocating compressors.
• To attend breakdown visits to conduct assessment, fault finding and repairs.
• To carry out the installation of compressed air equipment and pipework, when required.
• Typically covering Kent, Greater London, Essex, Surrey and Sussex.
• The candidate will report directly to the in-house Service team.
Field Service Engineer - ideal candidate:
• Residing in Kent, no more than 45-60 minutes from our location (near Maidstone).
• Mechanical-electrical field service experience.
• Experience in plant maintenance and fault finding. Experience relating to compressed air equipment will be beneficial.
• Electrical competence (certification not required). Knowledge of star delta motor starters would be advantageous
• Will have a thorough approach, experience in solving mechanical and technical problems
• Good general presentation, communication and professional conduct