Due to continued success and growth my client requires a Field Technician to join their team. My client is a leading manufacturer of Underwater ROVs and ideally looking for an individual with electronics test experience who enjoys working both in the workshop and has flexibility to travel and work outside, on-board small vessels both in UK and abroad.
Field Technician role:
The Field Technician will report to the Operations Manager and be both workshop and field based, responsible for the repair, maintenance and support of my clients underwater ROV equipment. As part of the role, you will also:
* Test and troubleshoot through specific test procedures and through the use of measuring instruments and computer test programs for vehicle systems or products.
* Customer support as well as training training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field.
* Support production and manufacturing teams when requested.
* Make vehicle repairs, upgrades and execute test procedures in new and existing vehicles.
* Pre and Post mission data download and analysis.
* Field operations for testing and performing needed tasks and achieve optimum information from mission.
* Understand procedures to rectify any inconsistencies in data.
* Organise test results and communicate to all required.
* Read and interpret specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.
* Report technical bugs to the correct areas within the internal teams.
Field Technician requirement:
* Travel as required for up to 4 weeks, any one trip. Extended travel will be by prior agreement.
* Ideally educated to HND / HNC level or above in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
* Experience with test equipment: multimeter, oscilloscope, electronic loads, LCR meter, etc..
* Soldering skills
* Valid UK Passport
* Driving license
* Requirement to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
Field Technician package:
Salary circa £30k + O/T
Cash equivalent of £4k per annum as a healthcare replacement
23 days holiday + bank hols