Frontend Developer - React
£40,000 to £55,000
The company is based in Manchester, however this is a 100% REMOTE WORKING role.
Only apply if you are already based in the UK and have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
Candidates based in the UK who require sponsorship may be considered depending on experience.
* Equipment allowance
* Training budget
* Flexibility and ownership
* Volunteering days
Client - A Cloud technology company operating in the not-for-profit sector since 2005 are growing rapidly. They have spent the last 15+ years developing bespoke software for some of the UK's largest charities including other charities across the world, as their evolving software helps them manage their donors, prospects, donations, projects and beneficiaries. With a collaborative team based across the UK, Europe and Asia, they are ultimately helping charities make the world a better place through the design and build of their Azure-hosted offering, and now require a Frontend Developer experienced in React to join the team.
Technologies they also use - Azure / WebAPI / Microservices / C# / Docker / Kubernetes
The Frontend Developer Role - You will be working closely but in a fully remote capacity with Backend developers on one of their three web-based applications which charities use to manage their donors, finances and projects. As the software is a greenfield project with new features added regularly, you may be involved with or leading on;
* Understanding the needs of charities and translating this to meaningful requirements
* Working with analysts and UI/UX to flesh out ideas and solve problems
* Drafting API designs alongside backend engineers
* Translating Figma designs to React components and implementing application logic
* Investigating and resolving bugs and other defects
* Address any usability issues identified during QA
Required Skills as a Frontend Developer
* Have experience in React, Redux and the React ecosystem
* Be knowledgeable on the design of REST APIs and modern microservice architecture
* Have strong HTML / CSS skills
Desirable Skills as a Frontend Developer
* Experience in Ant Design
* Previous experience working on a large React app
If you're interested there will be plenty of opportunity to dive into backend code either using existing skills or as a training and development path.
Location & Hours
The Frontend Developer role is a full-time position working remotely from anywhere in the UK. They are more interested in results than micro-managing which means there is some flexibility in the exact working hours. There will be meetings in central locations such as Manchester and London periodically.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Frontend Developer specialising in React to work on major projects in the not-for-profit sector. To apply please send your CV in the first instance, along with any links to your GitHub, or similar public repositories to support your application