Instrumentation, Control and Automation (ICS) Engineer - Carbon Capture
£50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Astute are proudly partnered with an award-winning sustainable technology company who're looking for an Instrumentation, Control and Automation Engineer (ICA) to join their team, who focus on resource optimisation, including Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) technologies.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience as an Instrumentation, Control and Automation Engineer (ICA) / Control Systems Engineer / Controls Engineer / Automation Engineer able to program PLCs, set up SCADA, create FATs/functional tests and fault diagnostics.
Roles & Responsibilities
The key responsibility for this role will be to lead the design of control and automation of material handling systems and carbon capture technology including telemetry outstations, remote access and communications, SCADA and PLC and ladder logic systems.
Additional responsibilities will include:
· Overseeing multiple projects at different stages of progression, including attending client sites around the UK
· Supporting the Technical Engineering Manager in delivering the design, construction, commissioning and running of the client's plants across a variety of industries
· Programming and design of PLCs, HMIs, SCADA and Remote Access Systems
· Assisting in the delivery of projects on time and on budget
· Commissioning the likes of instrumentation, motors, control panels and their associated control gear/MCCs, PLCs and telemetry
· Fault-finding, repairing and maintaining all equipment when necessary
· Performing on site hardware and software support during system development, commissioning and operation
· Setting up SCADA and performing Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· At least 3-5 years of experience in control systems engineering - designing and programming automated systems
· Demonstrable abilities in programming PLCs, setting up SCAFA, designing and carrying out functionality / factory acceptance tests (FATs)
· A Degree, HND or HNC or Apprenticeship Served Qualification in automation, controls, mechatronics or electrical / electronic engineering would be advantageous
· Able to commission, fault find and fix automated systems, panels and controls, instrumentation, switchgear, telemetry etc.
· Have a working knowledge of PLC programming packages, C programming languages, Microsoft Azure and other related systems.
· A willingness to travel across the UK (expenses paid)
· A Full UK Driving Licence
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· A salary of up to £55,000
· Life Assurance x4 of salary
· Future shares scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to (url removed) or ring (phone number removed) and ask to speak to Harry Slade who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful