- Job Reference: 579525539-2
- Date Posted: 1 May 2022
- Recruiter: New Perspective Senior Living
- Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
*Why New Perspective Senior Living?*
A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
As the Maintenance Assistant, you will carry a variety of maintenance duties to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained for residents, team members and visitors. This Maintenance Assistant assists the Maintenance Director in the areas of repairs and services to the residents of the community. This opportunity is a perfect fit for compassionate individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. We offer opportunities for training, advancement, education financial assistance, bonuses, and much more.
*When you join our team, you'll gain: *
* *Referral Bonus* - Earn a bonus each time we hire a new team member referred by you.
* *Flexible Scheduling* - Partner with your manager to create your ideal schedule.
* *Full-time, Part-time* - What works best for you? We want to make it happen!
* *Tuition Assistance* - We invest in our team members' development to promote within. Share your career goals with us!
* *Leadership Support* - We will give you the resources, training, and guidance to be successful in your current and future roles. Your success is our success!
* *Collaborative & Inclusive Work Culture* - We value all of our team members' experiences and backgrounds, and we continue to build dynamic teams. We're committed to listening to team members' ideas in order to make some of the best improvements.
* *Positive Impacts* **- You'll make a difference by helping seniors live life on purpose!
* Assist in areas as assigned by the Maintenance Director or perform the responsibilities independently when the Maintenance Director is not present in the community
* Demonstrates a high level of safety in all work practices
* Responds to all building emergencies
* Maintains common areas free of scuff marks around door, jams, baseboards, walls
* Maintains the grounds by collecting trash, sweeping the dumpster areas and cleaning first impression areas
* Executes all assigned work orders timely and effectively
* **Minimum Qualifications*
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Ability to read, write, speak & understand the English language
* Demonstrates a proficiency and understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance
* Experience in maintaining water source heat pumps
* Possess an understanding of OSHA and life safety regulations
* Previous experience working with seniors preferred and desire to serve and care for seniors
* Boiler License preferred
*Team Member Benefits & Perks**
* Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Paid Time Off and Holidays
* Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term Disability
* Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
* Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
* Leadership Development & Career Advancement
* Real-time Access to Earned Wages
* Referral Bonuses
* Employee Assistance Program
* Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
*Our hiring process is quick and easy!*
*Step 1: Application (5-10 minutes)*
Apply for the position that matches your interest and let us know the best way to contact you.
*Step 2: Phone Screening (20 minutes)*
These quick introductions help us to learn more about your career goals and see if New Perspective is a good fit.
*Step 3: In-Person Interview (45 minutes)*
We want to learn more about you! We want to hear about your past experience and your future goals. You'll also have the opportunity to ask us questions, tour our community, and meet some of the team.
*Step 4: Job Offer*
If the role and community seem like a good fit, we'll reach out with a job offer. Job offers may even be made at the time of your interview!
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Type: Full-time