Principal Cyber Monitoring/SOC Analyst
Location: Keynsham, Bristol, UK, BS31 2YH
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Principal Cyber Monitoring/SOC Analyst who will provide the day-to-day operational cyber monitoring/SOC capability management using the data centre security solutions to monitor alerts and view custom dashboards, to keep the environment secure.
Who we are looking for?
This role is ideal for an experienced Principal Cyber Monitoring/SOC Analyst looking to expand on their skillset. You'll be an integral part of a dedicated and focused IT infrastructure team, ensuring patching is kept up to date on core infrastructure hardware, applications and services in line with change control processes.
What will you be doing?
You'll be required to interface with Babcock and customer SOC/security individual, providing management reports and answering custom queries related to the security of data centre operations.
Your duties will include:
* Cyber monitoring/SOC infrastructure maintenance including configuration, troubleshooting, technical design, upgrade and patching.
* Ensure high levels of security on the supported data centre platforms, including working with 3rd party vendors and wider stakeholders within Babcock and customer SOC/security teams.
* Ensuring the health of all SOC/monitoring tools including Splunk, Cribl, Solarwinds, McAfee EPO, Eracent and Tripwire; including maintaining a healthy ingestion of logging events into the SIEM, and develop and tune toolsets.
* Threat monitoring and threat intel in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Cyber monitoring enhancements including supporting on projects, integrate SOC tooling, defining system security requirements and supporting the onboarding of new technologies.
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with different internal teams, and collaborate with stakeholders and external IT support functions.
The experience you'll bring
You will need proven experience with building and maintaining cyber security systems and tools within multiple IT security functions.
We would also like you to have the following:
Experience with multiple SIEM tools and monitoring platforms.
Knowledge of patch management of hardware, software and services including Windows, Linux systems/applications.
Advanced understanding of networking principles, IT architecture fundamentals and of SOC toolsets available.
Experience using Linux and Windows operating systems and proficient system administration skills.
Understanding of applying Cyber monitoring capabilities on to complex Oracle applications/systems.
Experience of network/switch/firewall management & configuration.
General VMware vSphere/ESX infrastructure knowledge.Lastly, you will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) and 'Developed Vetting' (DV) security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 7th July 2022 (candidates submitted weekly)