Role: Project Manager
Salary: Up to the equiv. of £85k
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work for our client, a Fit-out specialist, to be based on a project in the Slough area. This is a full time freelance position generally working five days a week, Monday to Friday, from 08:00 until 18:00, and as necessary and required according to the needs and demands of the projects. The ideal candidate will have both internal and external works experience.
Commercial fit-out is a fast paced environment, an entrepreneurial spirit and an eye for detail is vital to the successful management and delivery of projects. Led by individual Contracts Managers, each project team relies upon dedicated Commercial Managers to manage all contract and commercial matters. Whilst grounded in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Managers are exposed to various competences and this position intends to be a first step into this exciting role.
Supported by a Senior Commercial Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing specialist trade packages and ultimately complete projects from £250,000 to £5 million in value. Whilst experience and an understanding of Commercial Fit-out, external works and contracting is preferred, the principle traits expected of candidates revolve around having a willingness to engross themselves in the contracting process, mitigating risk, resolving problems and ultimately delivery of projects Defect Free
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Project Manager/Contracts Manager and be responsible for managing their own projects and overseeing the work carried out by the Project Team which may comprise Project/Construction Manager/s, Commercial Manager/s, Technical Services Manager/s and Document Controller/s. The exact reporting structure and Project Team are likely to vary according to the size and complexity of the project and the experience and abilities within the team.
The role of the Project Manager:
The successful candidate will provide advice and support to the Contracts Manager; duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Assist with the production of technical tender submissions documentation as required, attending tender interviews as necessary
* Maintain a professional and productive working relationship with sub-contractor management / operatives, ensuring lack of performance is dealt with immediately
* Manage project-allocated staff to maintain a successful and productive team approach
* Manage site set-up ensuring BW Standards are met and maintained
* Develop, monitor and control strategic and detailed construction programming for the project
* Assist in the production of key risk register, identifying targets to mitigate exposure to the business
* Manage the execution of the design programmes and information release schedule to achieve the construction programme
* Attend all project meetings and action items identified within the minutes as necessary
* Contribute to the production of Progress Reports
* Manage the RFI, CVI, Information Required, and Technical submittal processes and procedures for the project
* Continually review and manage sub-contractor resources to meet the programme
* Carry out daily snagging inspection walk rounds, snagging sheets issued weekly by each sub-contractor at weekly coordination meeting
* Hold regular sub-contractor coordination meetings, issuing minutes of the meeting to all sub-contractors and BWI team members and ensuring actions are effectively closed out
* Assist the Senior / Commercial Manager in controlling the commercial risk of project
* Lead and coordinate design workshops with consultants and sub-contractors
* Work with the team to deliver PCP in its entirety on all projects
* Carry out a regular review of prelims expenditure with the Commercial Manager
* Issue Corrective Action notices as necessary to maintain sub-contractor performance and on site standards and notify the Commercial Manager of any potential contra-charges.
* Take overall responsibility for site level health, safety and environmental management in accordance with the approved processes and procedures
* Build long term client and professional team relationships based on the successful delivery of projects.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the personal qualities, values and attitudes which are so important to the business and to the role:
* Experience in both internal and external works
* Integrity and honesty are essential and personal strengths must include a strong personality and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with the inner confidence to communicate and challenge at all levels in the business.
* You must possess a positive attitude and a passion for innovation and change combined with the ability to demonstrate the resilience to implement new ideas and initiatives.
* A desire for self-development is valuable as is the ability to encourage on-going development in others.
* You will need good management and leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate assertiveness at an appropriate level whilst possessing the ability to adapt your behaviours to suit those around you using tact and diplomacy as required.
* You will also be a strong, proactive team player with the ability to multi-task and prioritise whilst showing support, encouragement and excellent organisational skills to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
* You must demonstrate great attention to detail with good written communication and IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel as a minimum.
* You will maintain a professional image at all times and must dress smartly and appropriately on all occasions