Quantity Surveyor (Telecoms - Fibre Projects)
* Plymouth, Devon
* £60,000 to £70,000 per year (+ car/car allowance)
* Monday - Friday, 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension. Healthcare, etc.
Our client are currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with strong commercial skills and a proven background across the construction, telecoms or utilities sectors. You will be responsible for the day-to-day tracking of the project financials, project cost control and monitoring, as well as providing support and guidance to junior team members. You will undertake commercial management duties of multiple sites across Cornwall, engaging with build partners on all civils and fibre build requirements on time and to budget.
Skills and Experience:
* A proven background working as a QS experience in the Telecoms, construction or utilities industry e.g. street works.
* Previous experience of Fibre network construction is an advantage
* Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of contractors
* A strong working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms of contract.
* Engaging and professional communications skills, as well as the ability to train and mentor others
Role and Responsibilities:
* Provide overall cost control on all aspects of work carried out by subcontractors and third-party suppliers
* Cost analysis on Civils, Fibre Build, Materials etc.
* Management of P&Ls/Budgets with Senior Programme Managers
* Agree final accounts with Clients and Subcontractors
* Manage the recording of all additional items for submission to client
* Provide monthly reports for review/discussion by Senior Management
* Resolving pricing issues with Build Partners
To learn more about our fast-growing client and this newly created opportunity working as a Quantity Surveyor based out of their offices in Plymouth, Devon; please call and speak with James Sample here at ISR Recruitment or please send through a copy of your very latest CV for a call back in the very strictest of confidence