Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting 3 + Senior & Principal Engineers - Piping on a 6 month contract based in Renfrew.
This position falls inside IR35
The Principal Engineer - Piping is responsible for technical delivery, change control and schedule control of projects they are working on. The Principal Engineer - Piping is responsible for mentoring and development of less experienced technical personnel within their function. Responsibility also includes checking and verification of piping and mechanical engineers' work. The Principal Engineer - Piping may be required to lead a team of engineers to deliver a project. The Principal Engineer - Piping assigned to a Project shall ensure engineering output is delivered in accordance with Engineering functional requirements, Project requirements and meeting Corporate QHSE Management Systems and Policies. The Principal Engineer - Piping shall liaise with Head of Mechanical to review resourcing and competency / development planning.
Responsibilities of the Senior & Principal Engineers - Piping:-
* May be lead Engineer in project delivery.
* Support Lead Engineer in project delivery
* Assist in the development of Project Execution Strategies as part of Proposal and Tender Submissions and to support the future implementation on projects.
* Act as point of contact with Proposals on a discipline specific or specialist basis, as directed by Head of Mechanical.
* Support Project Engineering Manager and Head of Mechanical to maintain and improve Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and other processes and systems.
* Support Head of Mechanical in continuous improvement, including the development and implementation of new execution methodologies or supporting new lines of business.
* As lead engineer, review and monitor workhour spend and project progress, ensuring Head of Mechanical is aware of potential resource issues.
* As Lead engineer, monitor performance of projects relative to project schedules and budgets and ensure that corrective actions / improvements are taken where necessary.
* Responsible for supporting maintenance of a compendium of Discipline Norms or Unit Production rates defining Standard Workhours against Standard deliverables.
* Be familiar with the current application of IT systems to the business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project budget, to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information for efficient project execution.
* Ensure effective liaison and maintain harmonious relationships with other Business Areas from a technical delivery perspective
* Responsible for the providing work hour estimates for proposals, new project scope, etc and for ensuring that engineering estimates receive the required corporate approvals.
* Participate in the development of key staff including the coaching and mentoring Discipline Technician Trainees and Graduates.
* Participate in the annual appraisal (DCM) process, provide input to annual personal development planning.
* Support Technical Audits on projects, agree improvement plans and coordinate the closure of audit
Requirements of the Senior & Principal Engineers - Piping:-
* Degree level or equivalent experience
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
* considerable experience as a Piping Engineer
* Extensive knowledge of International standards and design codes
* Experience of self-managing planning and scheduling of workload
* Leading a technical team of engineers and draughtspersons
* Reporting progress to line manager and Project Manager
* Experience as a checker and verifier of technical documents and calculations
* Experience of technical bid evaluation and vendor liaison
* Experience of technical document, specification and calculation originating.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time