Service Technician - South East (primarily South London)
Excellent employee benefits and opportunity for continued professional development.
A global supplier of medical technology is recruiting for a regional Service Technician to provide installation, maintenance / upgrades, and servicing of bespoke medical equipment across the South East region.
About the role -
A new role; as the face of the business, you will travel to customer sites (primarily hospitals), to perform planned servicing and the reactive maintenance of existing equipment, as well as carrying out new equipment installations.
Typical responsibilities of the Service Technician will include -
* Working collaboratively with the Project Specialist to understand the required job, to then plan and carry out works according to the plans provided.
* Standardise and streamline configurations and installations by documenting checklists and work instructions.
* Configurations require the use of bespoke software, as well as negotiating operating systems, networks, firewalls, and databases.
* Provide customer support through service visits and to attend repairs / breakdowns, performing trouble shooting across software, hardware, networking, and databases; before reporting any quality issues back to production or technical support.
* Carry out scheduled maintenance (system health checks) on an annual basis per system.
* Provide out of hours 'on call' support to customers on a rota basis (paid at overtime).
* Provide hardware and software product training to customers onsite.
* The role will offer the opportunity for continued professional development and promotion through a defined individual development plan.
Skills & experience required -
* Educated to HND level, or equivalent in Electronics, or a Mechanical or Technology / Technical related subject.
* Technical and mechanical aptitude, particularly relating to IT (IIS, SQL, HTML, Windows, Servers, networking) and mechanical hardware.
* Either Service Technician or Customer Support Technician experience using software and hardware within a technical environment.
* Highly customer focused with a professional approach, you will bring good communication, presentation, time management and listening skills.
* Ability to follow business processes and work to checklists to report job status and job results effectively.
* Excellent problem-solving skills. Meticulous with high attention to detail, thinking in a logical manner.
* Due to regular hospital site visits, flexibility to travel regionally and a full UK Driving Licence is essential (company vehicle provided). Also, willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
* Home working when not site based.
Please send your CV Application for immediate consideration.
If you would like further details before applying, please call us.
Thank you for your interest. We will assess your application and we will contact you if we are able to progress with considering you for the vacancy. Please note that due to the high number of applications we can receive, we are not always able to respond to each applicant individually.
Please be assured, in line with GDPR guidelines - We will only store your data with your permission and the data that we hold can be viewed, amended, or deleted at any time upon your request