Job Title: Individual Support Worker
Location: Bristol, West Country
Salary: up to £21,000 pro rata
Working Pattern: Part Time, 34 hours per week over 4 or 5 days. These hours will be at the end of a school day so flexibility is required.
Blue Sky Fostering has an exciting opportunity for an Individual Worker to join the team in the West Country area. This is a part time position with hours to be spread out across the week, at the end of a school day, over either 4 or 5 days. You must be willing to travel to placements and visits in and around the West Country.
Blue Sky Fostering has a brilliant opportunity for a dedicated and dependable individual, with relevant experience of working with children and young people, to join the team as an Individual Worker in the West Country area, working in conjunction with our hub in Bristol.
We are looking for someone to assist our social workers and foster carers in delivering the Blue Sky + Therapeutically Led Care Service (TLC). The Individual Worker will be responsible for supporting the young person's progress in the TLC Programme by engaging in direct, focussed work with them in the community, in leisure activities or at school.
As an Individual Worker, you will be there to provide one to one support to young people on the programme. You will be expected to build positive relationships with the child and help them to trust and feel safe with adults. You will also be expected to model acceptable behaviour, promote pro-social behaviour and practice problem solving skills. The Individual Worker will be responsible for undertaking observations and providing information to the clinical team about the social functioning and skill development of the young people in community settings.
The successful candidate will work closely with members of the clinical team to offer support and provide vital assistance for a variety of tasks that contribute to ensuring children's care and development needs are met. As directed, you will be responsible for planning, facilitating and delivering a range of support services. This includes implementing group activities for carers, children and young people, undertaking visits to placements and supervising children at Blue Sky social events.
For this role, willingness to travel and use of a car is essential as the successful applicant will be required to travel to a range of appointments across the West Country area.
What we're looking for
To apply for this position, it is essential you:
* Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a vehicle
* Are willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
* Have experience in working with children and young people, including managing challenging behaviour
* Have a good understanding and awareness of child protection issues
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing with a wide audience
* Are willing to travel as and when required to a range of appointments
* Are willing to work flexible hours, including non-office hours, in order to meet the needs of supporting young people socially outside of school hours
* Share a commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices and to improving the lives of Looked After Children
Why work for us?
* Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
* Annual Leave increase after 3 full years of service by 1 day - up until a max of 12 years
* Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
* Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
* Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
* Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
* Auto Enrolment Pension
* Learning & Development Opportunities
* Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
* Eyecare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave